Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Stay at home moms???





Wow, as I read other people's blogs I notice so many moms just stay at home. I am still receiving mat benefits but am frightened to think of what our life would be like if I didn't have any income. This may sound selfish to some people but we really like to have the extras in life.
We like to take little weekend trips, buy new things for the house, spend a little extra on eachother; and an overnight trip to Kamloops in necessity at least once a month when you live in Lillooet and who doesn't like to eat out or order pizza? For instance, we bought tickets this year to the World Junior Hockey Championship in Vancouver. These didn't come cheap, but they are so worth it. We are really looking forward to our Christmas holiday because, in part, of these tickets. Will I have to give up these sorts of things? I know some people will say I am 'exchanging' one thing for another great thing and that we would not be giving up anything, BUT parents need fun stuff too.
How much am I willing to give up/excahnge to stay at home, full-time, with O? Also, I feel like he would benefit from daycare and eventually play school. He explores the whole room if we are at Mother Goose and loves to watch the other kids play at Kindergym. I suppose Grady and I will have some decisions to make in the next few months.
I would also have to think about my education. Do I have to retrain in five years? Return to college or university? What happens to my work experience? Hmm....alot to think about.

Anyway, here are some photos for your liking! We put Owen in his new snow suit and just went into the back yard, he sure doesn't mind the cold. What he didn't like was that his snowsuit prevented him from eating his hands, so it didn't last as long as we'd of liked. There is also a picture of my new nephew Zach, he is a real sweetie. And we too have our own princess in this family! My niece Emily is all about the princess lifestyle. When I was visiting her a couple of weeks ago she said "auntie Patricia, you're really pretty, but you'd be prettier if you were wearing a dress"......hmmm.....too funny. TTYL. Patricia

Oh yeah, and our family photo too.

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

We could debate about this for hours, but I have to tell you...your decision will be right for you. My kids have always had the benefits of playgroups and playschool/preschool. Kayla starts Puddle Jumpers on January 3rd. For us, it is right for me to stay home (an I do have my reasons - we can chat about that in person:)) but I have many friends who work outside the home with kids. It matters what's right for you, Grady, and especially your little Owen (and others that may or may not follow). I have never felt deprived of anything except maybe a shower sometimes. Ha! The thing is you're right: You have to have something for yourself or you'll feel deprived. Don't worry, you have some time. Just enjoy your son. You'll do what's right for you. Can't wait to actually talk with you. Maybe this week?

12:38 PM  
Blogger Poetsch Family said...

Hi Pat,
Congratulations on your baby. I got your blog site from Vicki.
I stay at home with our two girls. I love almost every moment. There are days, that I think, it would be so much easier go to work. I don't feel that we are missing out on anything. I do some babysitting, so that gives me some scrapbooking cash. You should do what works for you guys. Staying at home does not work for a lot of moms. Eventually I will go back to work. But in the mean time I get to spend a lot of time with my kids. I definitely look forward to going out with my friends and having some adult conversation. "Me time" is a must!!!!
Hope you have a good Christmas. Keep up your blog, I enjoy reading it.

Jolanda Poetsch

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Sport illustrated for kids Venezuelan swimwear Beach cup fifa soccer world manufacturer of zyban Rozelle cosmetics Relevant pay per click search fast searchjazz.com cheap furniture home office Hair loss thinning hair

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home