Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 06, 2006

Keepin' up with the Jones'


or should I say 'Dykstras'....man, Angella, you put us all to shame when it comes to this bloggin' stuff! Kudos to you, I enjoy your blog and your 'hot topics'.
Meanwhile, I am doing the first bog I've done in weeks. I have been sooo busy, seriously, here...in Lilloooet....really busy....

With what you may ask? Well, I joined the badminton club and the women's indoor soccer club and have been playing squash two or three times a week, plus doing my usual day-to-day things, PLUS enjoying quality time with my two men. They are still wonderful. All you other women talk about how great your kids and husbands are and although I may not say it often, my husband is a keeper. I couldn't have physically made him any better if I had created him myself.

Owen is keeping us busy these days. He was six months on the 26th and weighed in at 21 lbs 2 oz and is 28 inches long. He wants to crawl so badly, but his little joints can't quite hold him up yet. He finds this very frustrating. I am sure in good time he will be just a movin' machine.
We have been taking advantage of the spring-like weather and walking to town everyday. We are slowly learning of some hiking trails too, which is an ideal activity in this part. However, carrying Owen in the backpack SUCKS!! He gets a touch heavy after a while.
The biggest news....Owen is up to five teeth! He is loving veggies (unlike his mother, but much to his father's desire). Grady envisions Owen and him making culinary masterpieces in the kitchen one day! Did I mention my husband does ALL of the cooking? Couldn't have created him any better myself.....until next time.
Patricia

2 Comments:

Blogger Angella said...

Glad you like my "hot topics"...that kinda makes me sound like Jerry Springer
:)

8:33 PM  
Blogger jfur said...

I hope Caleb loves his veggies like Owen does... whats your secret?

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home