Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 16, 2006

to tie you over...

Sorry for the lack of posts but school is draggin' me down these days. This week is crunch time, all my finals and essays are due by Saturday so the pressure is on. It doesn't help I spend this week in Kamloops working with the after-hours emergency response team in Community Mental Health - the shifts are 4:30 - 1:30 am...what am I thinking?!

We took Owen to see Santa today. It went about as well as expected! He cried and screamed and didn't want anything to do with Santa, which we knew would happen, but as the torturing parents we are we had to have the photo for a keepsake. Speaking of the 'photo' lets talk about the dark ages. In Lillooet Santa sets up in Millwood Plaza a.k.a the mall. Let me tell you, not much goes into the display but to top it off the photos are taken with a POLAROID camera! Can you belive that? Can you believe they don't have a digital in this day and age! Oh well, we paid $12.00 bucks and got four POLAROID pictures. I did manage to take some on my digital to uplaod for you (and to send to grandparents of course).

Christmas is right around the corner and I am feeling on top of things. Well, I did just send my last parcels this morning, but rest assured the postal empoyee said they would arrive to their destinations Wednesday, thank heaven. Christmas cards will be going out on Monday to all those who are wondering if I forgot them this year - I didn't! School is making me crazy.

Our Christmas party last weekend was a success and everyone had a great time. Owen ate and ate and ate all night - because people feed cute babies constantly - after which he threw up right in the middle of the living room during the gift exchange...mother of...
Next year we are going to put a sign on him that says "Don't feed the baby".
Tis the season to indulge I guess! But when your stomache is the size of a walnut and you don't each much junk food, you should take it slow.

Here are some photos to enjoy. This will be my last post until probably Saturday, the day I will be breathing freely and smiling constantly. Even though I don't update my own blog I still log-on and check out all of yours so keep it up. Good entertainment for study breaks.

Santa 2006


Coloring - a new favorite past time

My party outfit



I used these place card holders to let people know what the food dishes were at the party - it was a huge hit. We had yummy food like maple spiced pecans, carmalized onion dip, wings, meatballs, ceasar salal w/homemade dressing, quiche, sausage rolls, stuffed peppers....mmmm....

Shoveling with daddy - he is starting to like the snow more.





3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the decorations used to tell people what the food was :)

I can't believe they used polaroids!

5:08 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

At that age, Santa's just NOT cool to them:)

7:12 PM  
Blogger Norma said...

Cute Christmas photos. Enjoyed the holiday stuff. Happy New Year.

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home