Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, February 11, 2006

update

I want to blog, but I have little to say! We've had a great week. Spent yesterday in 'the loops' (thats Lillooet talk for Kamloops...) and spent way more money than we should have. But, we enjoyed our day together and have one full pantry! I love having a full pantry; it makes me feel safe and warm to know we have a roof over our heads and food in the cupboard. I know these are luxuries that not everyone can say they have.
Our little man was a trooper yesterday. He went through a phase where he would frown and scowl at people the second we left the house. I am happy to report he is now talking and cooing in public and will even flash the occasional flirty smile at the ladies! Let's hope this is the new trend.
On Wednesday night we left Owen with a 'non-family member' babysitter for the first time. We decided he needed to see other faces as we do not want our child to be the one that screams everytime we are not around, plus, soon I will be returning to work and he will be with a sitter much more than he ever has been.
It has been hard for us because we don't know too many people here so Owen is with both or one of us at all times. There is never a reason to not be with him. Also, Grady and I don't want there to be a reason to not be with him. We both just love hangin' out with him. As for the babysitter, she said she would return in spite of the endless crying!!
Patricia

2 Comments:

Blogger Poetsch Family said...

I know how hard it is to leave your kids. I have lots of family that I can leave them with, but now with us moving I will have no one. It will be quite the change.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Babysitters are tough. If you find a good one, keep her (or him) around. It's so hard to put your trust in someone else with your most precious thing in the whole world!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home