Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy New Year!

We are still alive, I have just been enjoying some much needed time away from my computer and with my boys! We had a great Christmas here in Lillooet with my parents and my grandma. I am sure glad it is all over though! Back to the 'real' world on Monday when all my classes start up again...
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

The Month After Christmas

'Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house
Nothing would fit me, not even a blouse
The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste
All the holiday parties had gone to my waist
When I got on the scales there arose such a number!
When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber)
I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared;
The gravies and sauces with turkey all paired
The wine and the rum balls, the pate and cheese
And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please!"
As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt
And prepared once again to do battle with dirt--
I said to myself, as only I can
"You can't spend a winter disguised as a man!"

So, away with the last of the sour cream dip,
Get rid of the chocolate, every cracker and chip
Every last bit of food that I like must be banished
'til all the additional ounces have vanished
I won't have a cookie, not even a lick
I'll now only chew on a long celery stick
I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie,
I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry
I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore---
But isn't that what January is for?
Unable to giggle, no longer a riot -
Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet!



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Patricia!
I am so happy for you. You sound good and your family looks beautiful. Congrats on your cutie!
I can't believe you are in Lillooet. Lawrie Shears lived there for years and Dan's mom lives in Lytton! I visit there often.
We are doing great. Ben just turned 10 and Liam 3. Dan and I will be celebrating our 15th year together in Feb and I am turning 30 in March!! When did this all happen. Weddings, children.... It seems like only yesterday.........
Love,
Chelsea

12:28 AM  
Blogger Vicki said...

Just what I needed, something to make me smile. Thank you.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Poetsch Family said...

That was way too cute. Nice photos by the way. That motorbike is so cute. He looks so grown up. Happy new year to you guys.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home