Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 06, 2006

only three months have passed....

unbelievable! I never thought I would let my blog get this outdated. Alot has happened in three months!

I spent six weeks in Terrace (working), Grady used up 7 weeks of my parental leave, Owen has started at daycare (already pulled from one!), I am back at school full-time, we had a tragic death in our family recently, my mom shattered her elbow at the end of May, I have been super busy helping Julia with wedding things (Whistler, here we come for a super-fun stagette!)..........
I am not sure if that sums it up, I am feeling overwhelmed trying to remember everything.

I have had the odd chance to peek at everyone else's blog, I still quite enjoying reading a few of my fav's.

Basically, school and Owen are taking up more time than I have these days. Believe it or not, our tv doesn't get turned on until evening now (not even for Y&R) and I go to town for the mail about every five days! I have six, 3000-5000 word essays due from now until September 1. Our library is less than stellar, so I am patiently waiting on inter-library loans for research.
Grady is full on busy season at work. He works two weeks nights (4pm-4am) then two weeks days (4am-4pm) from now until end of September. I should also add there are very little days off in there. He has July 22 and 23 off, thats it for the whole month!
I am also trying to arrange for overnight daycare for our little one, as I have to be in Kamloops for face-to-face sessions the 7/8 and 14/15. (Doesn't help Grady is on nights these weekends).

I recently found out how hard it is to find a good daycare. My first experience was NOT good. I politely requested that her home be baby-proofed (I even offered to buy the supplies like a gate and cupboard locks etc), but she insisted she didn't need those items, and that Owen would never be out of her sight!
For those of us with kids......yah right!! How can you watch a fast-moving baby all the time???? Get real lady.
So after day three of trying with no success to baby proof the place, I said he would not be coming back! She appeared shocked!!! whatever.
I have found a new daycare that is "woderful!", and Owen is having no problems there, thank heaven. An added bonus, is that it is just down the road from our house.

Owen is doing gggrrreeeaaattt!! He will be one year on the 26th. He is holding stong at 25 lbs and has grown to 31.5 inches. He is on molar number three, making that 9 teeth in all! His personality is developing more and more everyday. The just loves to talk and laugh, and his favorite activity is still chasing the cats! He also loves his swimming and being in the garden dirt! He is also WALKING!! about 10 steps a day, so not much but he is catching on fast.

I hope I will update this sooner rather than later. I hope this helps a little.

4 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

Thanks for the update, glad you're back!

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful

2:38 PM  
Blogger Poetsch Family said...

I have been checking site, was excited to see an update. Sounds like you are soooo busy. Hope you have a great summer.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home