Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 10, 2006

tryin' to keep up

Hangin' with Joey
grumpy pants

Hello to all,
I feel like I am lagging behind in the blog department, but (there's always a but)....I have been super busy with school and mommy-ing and wife-ing. Plus, the weather has been fantastic, so we have been working in the yard in our 'spare' time. Let's just say the previous owners weren't so into the yard.
Owen is awesome. 8 1/2 months now, 23 lbs and 28 1/2 inches long. He's still not a great eater. We offer tonnes of food, but he hardly eats anything. His favorite is steamed veggies, so I guess I shouldn't complain. He is creepin' and crawlin' like a mad man and pulls himself up to standing all the time. He is changing so much.
Grady has been getting very busy at work (he's a Fishery Officer), and tis' the season to fish! He's always happy to see April 1, 'cause with it comes the season of short sleeve uniform shirts and no more ties!
I just have to say with all this yard work, I've seen a side of Grady I've never seen. He knows all about plants and gardens and burning to "keep a buffer" in case of a forest fire. Plus, he likes being in the yard even though all Owen and I do is watch him! Grady is a hard worker and he is taking pride in our home and enjoys making it ours. I'm a lucky girl.
(psss...he's probably extra good at yard stuff 'cause he was in 4H club when he was younger and had a garden...too cute).
So thats our little update. Although not regular, I still enjoy blogging. I check out my fav sites daily. I almost get annoyed when other people don't update, but then I think about myself and forget all about it!
Talk to you all soon. Can't wait to see lots of you at Easter!

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicki said...

I have to call you! I have to see OWen! So many 'have to's' to get done. He's getting so big! Hopefully...see you soon!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Angella said...

Yay for an update! I check yours every day too :)

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home